- The use of a bridle kit is allowed on private roads, during competitions or trials only.
- It is forbidden to use a debriding kit for road use or in any area subject to the rules of the Highway Code.
- The use of a debriding kit is at the user’s own risk.
- Lilibike disclaims all liability for any violation of the Highway Code or for any damage to property and/or personal
- injury resulting from the use of an electric bicycle unlocking kit.
- The installation of an unlocking kit may void the warranty of your electric bicycle.
Badassbox 4 for Yamaha / Giant
- Speed limiter: Data display divided by 2
- Maximum speed with assistance: 50 km/h
- Activation mode: Permanent once the kit is in place
- Compatible with : Yamaha and Giant engines
- The use of this device is only allowed on private roads not open to the public
Using the kit
The Badassbox unlocking kit collects your real speed thanks to the magnet placed on your bike. Then it remotely transmits a signal to the Yamaha engine. No electrical cable is required. The kit does not modify the electronic components of your engine because it is not connected. So you won’t risk damaging your Yamaha engine. Easy to install, you only need your hands to connect it and unlock your electric bike.
Using the Yamaha engine badass will alter the data displayed on your screen. This will cause the data on your dashboard to be erroneous. Indeed, from 18 km/h, data such as kilometres travelled, instantaneous speed, average speed, will be divided by 2.
The Yamaha badassbox 4 attaches to the speed sensor of the electric bicycle. Once installed your bike is no longer restricted to 25 km/h. Your Yamaha engine will continue to assist you beyond this speed. If you remove the Badassbox 4 kit, your bike will return to its original condition.
With the Badassbox 4, Badassebike presents its latest version of the Yamaha engine kit. The V4 has a narrower housing with a new locking system. This greatly facilitates the assembly and installation of the unlocking kit on your electric bicycle. The housing closes securely with the clip system, a procedure that is widespread in the automotive world. On this new model, the kit is powered by one AAA battery. This stack can be used to travel several thousand kilometres. Once unloaded, you can easily replace it with a new one.
Designed in Germany, the Badassbox 4 for Yamaha engines is robust and easy to use.
- Attach the badassbox 4 for Yamaha engines to the speed sensor on your rear wheel.
- Use the snap fastener to securely fix the badassbox (you can use the supplied cable tie if you wish).
- Move the magnet on the rear wheel spoke towards the edge of the housing (in the direction of the kit closing).
- If your magnet touches the badassbox, place it as close as possible to the badassbox and turn it 90°.
- If you remove the badassbox from your electric bicycle, return the magnet to its original position.
Content of the box
- Badassbox 4 Yamaha
- AAA battery
- Vis Toolfree
- Dimensions: 61 x 43 x 15 mm
- Weight: 27g without battery, 37g with battery
- Battery (supplied): 1.5V AAA battery (IEC R03)
Engines and control compatibles
The Yamaha badassbox 4 is compatible with PW, PW-X, PW-SE, AND all Giant engines (Life, Pro and Sport).
Also, this kit is compatible with all Yamaha and Giant consoles.
The innovations of the Yamaha badassbox 4
The 4th version of the Yamaha Badassbox is the result of one year of Research and Development. Compared to the previous model (badass 3.4), the V4 is much thinner, so you don’t have to use an adapter to attach it to your electric bike. Also, the O-ring has disappeared in favour of a patented pressure closure system. With this system you can attach and detach the Yamaha badassbox 4 very quickly and easily. If you wish to double the fastening system, you can always do so using the cable tie provided in the box.
With the badassbox 4 you can easily change the battery. Indeed, AAA batteries are widely available in the market (unlike the CR2 battery which equipped the old versions of badassboxes). In theory you can travel up to 7000 km with each stack. This was made possible by Field Enhancement & Elimination Technology. This patented FEET field amplification reduces power consumption and therefore increases autonomy. In order to protect the electronic components effectively, it was necessary to apply a waterproof sealant (used in the car industry). With this process it is not possible for the components to be in contact with water or dust.
The double check carried out in the workshop guarantees you a reliable and functional product.
Main advantages of the badassbox 4
- Yamaha External Engine Release Kit
- Slim and resistant housing
- Patented pressure closure
- Mounting system integrated in the housing
- Patented field amplification technology
- Operates with one AAA battery with a range of over 7000 km
- High quality waterproof putty
- Double quality control
- Made in Germany
- 3 months warranty
|motor to unleash|
Yamaha PW, Yamaha PW-SE, Yamaha PW-X
|Set up difficulty|