- The use of a bridle kit is allowed on private roads, during competitions or trials only.
- It is forbidden to use a debriding kit for road use or in any area subject to the rules of the Highway Code.
- The use of a debriding kit is at the user’s own risk.
- Lilibike disclaims all liability for any violation of the Highway Code or for any damage to property and/or personal
- injury resulting from the use of an electric bicycle unlocking kit.
- The installation of an unlocking kit may void the warranty of your electric bicycle.
Speedbox 2.0 for Giant engine
- Speed limiter: Displays your real speed
Maximum speed with assistance: no limit
Activation mode: Walk Assist button
Compatible with the following engines: Giant SyncDrive Life, Sport and Pro
Compatible with consoles: EVO and ONE
The use of this device is only allowed on private roads not open to the public.
Using the kit
The SpeedBox 2 for your Giant 2019 engine equipped with an ONE or EVO console (see below) is activated by pressing the WALK button on your box. As soon as you press the Walk button for 2 seconds, the engine will no longer be restrained and will be able to assist you regardless of your speed.
To deactivate the Speedbox 2 just press the on WALK button again. This means that your Speedbox 2 is disabled, so your Giant engine’s assistance will stop at 25 km/h.
The 2019 models equipped with the ONE control do not have a display. The only way to find out whether the Giant 2019 speedbox kit is active or not is to exceed 25 km/h.
Kit compatible with all GIANT engines equipped with RideControl ONE or EVO (see photo).
The Speedbox 2 kit for Giant 2019 motor is equipped with a microprocessor that allows you to run your electric bicycle motor beyond the 25 km/h regulations. The engine continues to assist the cyclist regardless of the actual speed of the bike. This module is very easy to install because the connectors fit perfectly with the original ones (the connectors remain well sealed). Once the motor is reassembled, the release kit is housed in the housing and therefore completely invisible. Removal of the Giant ONE console kit is possible by performing the reverse operation.
You do not need to make any settings and the speedbox 2 kit is powered by the electricity delivered by your battery. The speedometer of your GIant ebike displays the actual data (average speed, instantaneous speed, kilometres travelled, etc.).
- Turn off the electric bicycle
- Disconnect the battery from the electric bicycle.
- Disassemble all parts of the electric bicycle to gain access to the motor connectors.
- Disconnect the connectors on the cable from the motor to the speed sensor and from the motor to the display.
- Connect the SpeedBox 2 Giant 2019 to the disconnected connectors.
- Repair the engine.
- Connect (plug in) the battery to the electric bicycle.
- Turn on the electric bicycle.
- Activate/deactivate the SpeedBox 2 Giant 2019 by pressing the WALK button.
The Giant engine produced from 2017 onwards is designed in partnership with Yamaha. The Giant logo or acronym appears on the engine with the words “SyncDrive”. Make sure that you are equipped with the ONE or EVO control.
The Speedbox 2 Giant 2019 is compatible with all Giant engines equipped with a Ride Control ONE or EVO console.